Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Word of Love Tank



I wasn't overly inspired by any of my readings today. But it does turn out that two of them wanted to point out that I was greatly loved. So I'll take that as a message I needed to hear.

The strange thing to me is that I'm not overly excited about this news. I wonder how big or small my words of affirmation tank really is that being told I'm loved is not that important. Perhaps it is that I know I am loved, so being told is not a revelation.


Among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ — by grace you have been saved. (Ephesians 2:3–5)

It is also not a revelation to me that not everyone feels this way. Many feel they have to prove something or demonstrate their beauty or skills in order to be worthy of love. That just isn't true. It may make you feel better to feel worthy. But the love of God is simply unconditional. That's it. Know that you are loved just the way you are.

And if you know you are loved, then practice loving others just the way they are. The more you practice love, the more love you will feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment