Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Things I can't shake





I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. - C.S. Lewis; The Weight of Glory

I've been on a difficult journey. If you read the Psalms, you might think they are all songs of joy. But fully half are laments. I find myself in this place of laments. But in it all, I haven't been able to shake the way I see the world. I did not make Christianity, but as Rich Mullins wrote, Christianity is making me. Day by day, new morning my new morning, I am being shaped by what the text says.

Wrestling with the Word is a daily struggle for me. I find myself challenging the things that are taught in the church and trying to reconcile it with experiences I've been through. But as I examine the alternatives I cannot come up with a solution that provides so many answers to the questions that come from digging into one's spiritual yearnings.

So as my eyes open to greet a new day, so does my spirit arise and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment