Monday, March 21, 2011

Where is my Heart?

We have all heard that you can tell where your priorities are by where you spend your time and money. But I'm trying to figure that one out.

So ask yourself, where do you spend your time? What is most of your day consumed with?

Where do you spend your money? What is most of your money spent on?

Time goes to work and sleep without a doubt. And I'm not fond of my job at all. Sleep I like. But the job?

Where does my money go? Well, the house payment, the food bill, gas is getting pretty high up there, Sounders are nabbing a good chunk with those season tickets and my boys playing soccer gets in there - sort of.

But what is my mind consumed by? A desire to read more, to study the word. A desire to work on improving my house. Investments. I want to beat my broker more than anything. I want to work out - get back in shape so my body doesn't quit on me.

4 Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

This feels like a name it and claim it verse. I'm not sure it is that easy. I believe that I need to chase after God with all my heart and then the desires of my heart will be His desires.

And so when I sing "Here is my heart, I give it Lord to you" Am I really giving him permission into my life?

Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment