Monday, January 28, 2019

Who is influencing who

you will never influence the world by
trying to be like it
Japan just passed legislation to uphold mandatory sterilization for people who want a sex change. Interesting.

"Japan’s top court has upheld a law requiring sterilization for transgender people to get their gender changed on official documents but acknowledged the law is increasingly becoming out of step with the international standard." says the Seattle Times.

I'm going to make a weird suggestion. What if the reason people are attracted to this option in the first place is because they believe who they are is not "lovable" or not "who they really are."

I just have to stop and summarize. I believe that the idea of a sex change is planted in people's heads by an industry that is making tons of money. I suppose they think that by selling body parts they are selling "love."

If they convince you that you are not lovable as you are, or that you would be better if you were different, then I feel I have failed. When I say I have failed, I mean my beliefs are not as influential as they once were.

I believe that you are exactly who you were meant to be. I know that means sometimes you will get a horrible disease and die before your time. I know sometimes that means you will have a long term disability. I know that sometimes that means you will wish you were a different gender. There is a purpose for pain. I may not like it, but there is a purpose.

I identify with a song by Matthew West that speaks about a guy that yells at God for all the hurt and trouble in this world. It really hits me in the chest.


My goal is to love you no matter who you are. I have friends that have had sex changes. It is surprising. But just because of this change, it doesn't mean my love for them is any more or any less.

I may not have a lot of compassion for the industry that is supporting this operation. But I do have a ton of compassion for the people that go through it or are thinking of going through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment