Friday, October 24, 2014

Thoughts on making spiritual progress



I have a pretty old dog now. By that I mean in dog years he is older than me :). You would think that would mean he is pretty smart, but in reality, he is just as silly as when we first got him when it comes to going for walks. Know what I mean? Here comes a mail box or light post. What does the dog do? He runs ahead, checks it out, leaves his mark, and then goes to the opposite side of the pole from me. He might even run all the way around it again - in the wrong direction! Then he wonders why we have stopped walking.

Why is it that the dog looks at me like it is my fault? Why after so many years can't he figure out what he needs to do to move on?

Well, that is the point when it comes to spiritual matters. I wonder if I'm at an impasse with my spiritual life. I'm looking to God to make things right when all the time it is me that has messed things up.

Have I been tied up like this before? Do I know the way out? I don't know and I don't like it. But I'll be willing to entertain the idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment