Wednesday, March 6, 2019

I lift my eyes up

We all do it. Every morning we wake up and something addresses us. It may be the dread of a new work day. It may be the joy of our spouse. It may be the uncertainty of a message, phone call or email response we haven't received.

Every day we wake up and we start.

The way each day will look to you all starts with whom you're looking too.

Ultimately, we all pray. When we hear something that someone is going through, we sympathize with them and want to help them, if only we knew how. "I'll pray for you." There is that moment when you are stressed to hear of a horrible accident and we utter the words "Oh God, no! Please no!" Or the times when we are so happy, we can't help but turn our eyes up and say "Thank you."

Somewhere deep inside us, we long to acknowledge that this isn't just chance. We can't reconcile how one glob of goo decided, decided, to be a fish with a glowing orb and another decided a graceful gazelle.

And if we align ourselves with the idea that someone is capable of interceeding in our lives, then each day can look quite different, right from the start.

For me, I know that I'm horrible at prayer. Maybe better than some, but certainly not where I want to be. My goal is to do better, one day at a time. To lift up my family, my friends, my coworkers and those that are against me.

Perhaps the hardest person to pray for is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment