Friday, February 14, 2014

Are you ready?

Ephesians 6:14-17 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Truth, righteousness, readiness, faith, salvation, and the word of God.
Readiness. Instantly I go to 1 Peter 3:15 - to always be ready to give an answer for the hope that is in you.

This is something that I realize (as in right at this moment) I need to work on more. Not just me, but my family. Over the years you hear stories about people who make it a top priority in their day to tell someone about Jesus. And in our culture we look at those people like they are FREAKS! What's up with you?

I find myself in a mysterious place. I believe. There are many things that I still have questions about. But I believe. And I'm about to pour out my thoughts, but the conviction for me is can my family pour out thoughts like these?

SO, like yesterday, I can't shake the fact that this dude Jesus did what he did. He divided time! Today is February 14, 2014! That's 2014 years after he died. He is so radical that he divided history! The guy existed. There is no doubt.

What about what he claimed and what he said. Well, that's where we get CS Lewis' Trilemma that Jesus was either a Liar, a Lunatic or LORD, but he is not just some really nice guy that made some good points. Ghandi is a really nice guy that made good points. Marting Luther King Jr. is a really nice guy that made some good points. Tolstoy is a really nice guy that made some good points.

Jesus is different. No matter what you think of the gospels, you have to acknowledge that his ragtag twelve disciples that betray him at the cross became his voice in this world. From those dozen guys we have today's modern Christianity - a gospel (good news) of love (not war, like the way Islam spread).

Again, if you are reading this, I have to ask if you are being prompted by God to find Him. The Bible says that those who seek Him will find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment