Monday, February 10, 2014

I'm not dead yet...

Ephesians 6:10-12 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

For years, I've turned over an idea in my head that I haven't been able to shake. The idea is that the spiritual world is probably more real than the physical world. Imagine being a fish in a fish tank - let's say a really cool fish tank like the ones at Rainforest Cafe! If you are hearty, you may see other fish come and go. As you talk to some fish, they will tell you that there is something bigger out there. But for the most part, your entire world is two tanks with a sky bridge.

Isn't that just what Satan would have us believe? That our world is not that significant and for sure, there is nothing more for us out there? Why bother telling others about the potential world beyond? 

I find myself struggling not against flesh and blood. There are very few people that I can't connect with in some way. But my real struggle is sharing Christ with people. I want to be an ambassador, but there are spiritual forces of evil at work to suppress my words and actions. This hurts me more than I can express.

In the end, the army of God will prevail. But the world we live in is still teaming with opposition. They are not dead yet. So I  have to ask, am I being a good steward of the gifts that God has given me? Am I even in the battle? 

In my time now, I desperately want to be on mission for Christ. I pray that I might boldly proclaim the gift of salvation to all who he has appointed. And I desire that my family would catch this same passion for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment