Friday, February 8, 2019

Give. Just Give.


There is a point that I hope to reach where I can pour myself out. I've been there. I don't know what else to say but it is so gratifying to give.

Now what you might be thinking is giving stuff. Nope. I think primarily I give time.

I'm jealous of those that can give physical things as well as time. But I don't have those resources. So I give time.

There is a story in 2 Kings 4:1-7 where a woman has debts and sons, but no way to pay here debts. Elisha comes and tells her grab some oil, and then as many pots as she can. When they are all gathered, she pours out the oil into every pot until they are all full. When there are no more pots, she is left with the original pot - still full. She then sells all the oil to pay her debts.

This is what it is like to give. When we give we find that there is an abundant supply to give. I don't know how it works, but I do like it.

Don't be afraid to give - you will find blessing in doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment