Thursday, February 7, 2019

He is in the Everyday things

Snow Day(s) in Seattle! I love that that the idea of catching snow on your tongue never really gets old.

It's simple isn't it? The whole world is turning white around you. The sounds all get muffled and for some silly reason, we decide to stick our tongues out and catch a little of that peace.

Of course, it usually hits me in the schnoz or eyeball first.

It's in a moment like this, capturing the moment, that you realize you aren't thinking about that big looming issue in your life; Does he like me? Am I going to pass my test? What about my dying relative? What about my job future?

We have a strange sense of rights - especially in the US. We have a right to have answers or a right to be happy and that right is right now!

But I find that God doesn't care about our constitution or our feelings of entitlement. I find him giving us answers when He feels like it.

In fact, I was reminded that the end game is not to get a bunch of stuff while we are here, but the end game is to get God. Perhaps that is why we are so off the mark when we pray for stuff "a good day, health, etc..."

Really, it would be enough to get to enjoy the small moments, like a sunset, a furry animal, a visit from a friend, a hug, watching a campfire, or snowflakes on the tongue.

I wonder what it will be like when we no longer have to toil for our daily sustenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment