Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Easter Past

Originally posted April 5, 2010

Easter is now one day past. Mine was a very traditional Easter with more emphasis on family than anything else. We are blessed to have four generations still kicking. Sure, grandpa is quite fragile and grandma tells the same stories over and over, but they are quite aware of the blessing of being together with their great-grand children. I just wish my children were half aware of the short time they have left with their great grandparents.

In Hebrews 3:4 it says "Every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything."
I get amazed by the story of God. I look at four generations together and am so happy and grateful. But God has woven together a promise from Abraham (blessed to be a blessing) through David (a king on the throne forever) to Christ, the sacrifice for the sinners of the world.

We think (I think) sometimes I'm in control. But when we look at how grand the design of God is, we have to realize that we are only getting a small piece of the picture. "For now we see but through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known" 1 Corinthians 13:12.

As I reflect on Easter past, I feel blessed to be a part of a grand plan to bring me and my family to salvation. How could God be mindful of me? And as Christ endured the cross, he knew that some day I would come to know his message. Christ would define time for humanity. Nobody has ever had more songs written about him. Nobody has had more books written about them. Nobody has ever been like Jesus.

Today, I'm grateful for Easter past. I'm grateful that my family has embraced the truth of his death and the power of his resurrection. What about you? Do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment