Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Leaving a legacy

Originally published March 8, 2010

Remember that whole every "one bring one" plan? I bring someone to Christ and they bring someone to Christ and so on. That would be a legacy. That seems to be the first legacy I think about. But then, I went and had four boys. OK - That gives me a new thing to think about. What legacy can I leave with them? How far are those apples going to fall from this tree? Should I be proud if they do fall close to the tree or should I worry?

Today in the sermon, the pastor said that we do need to raise our children in a line with the Bible says. And perhaps through my children I will be able to multiply the kingdom. I would be so proud if that were the case.

But day after day, I can't help but fret that I'm not doing enough to further God's kingdom. In any given day I may be one that sows the seed or I may be one that waters. Sometimes I may be the one to harvest. But only God makes the seeds grow. And so I cannot let myself be worried about what is perceived while I try to live out the gospel.

My hope is that I will be seen as a Christian who loved God, loved his family, and loved others... it wouldn't hurt if they knew I loved soccer too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment