Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I just believe

Originally posted April 23, 2010

There are many times when we are called to stretch our faith and just believe. Sometimes it is required that we defend our faith and an answer like "I just believe" doesn't seem sufficient.

So in personal matters, it seems sufficient to lean on God fully. But when someone you are trying to bring to Christ loses a loved one/unbeliever, how do you say "well, I believe that they may be on their way to hell, but you still have a chance!"

Those are hard moments and not exactly comforting.

I think that you have to admit that if a person spends their lifetime ignoring God, saying things like I just don't believe, then it stands to reason God won't make them be with Him in the end. It also stands to reason that if you believe, then you believe the whole enchilada. God says we won't have suffering in Heaven. So likely he will change my desires such that I don't long for the loved ones I may have missed here on Earth.

Sometimes you take comfort in the things you hope for. A day when your desires are changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment